Thursday, December 29, 2016

12. X and Y

One more axis.

I left my 2D plotter away for some time. Back with the 2nd axis: Y

For this Y-axis, I use 2 stepper motors, hence 2 servos, one for Y and the other one for A, configured to duplicate Y. I added two jumpers as shown here:


Initially, both stepper motors were turning in the same direction, which considering their position on the board is wrong. I needed one of the to turn in the opposite direction: easy, it's just a matter of inverting its connection on the CNC shield. Note the wires: black, green, red, blue on the left-inside (A) and opposite on the right in-side (Y).


I also created a wood box to hold electronic parts together.


Closed, the PC sits on the top and I have an emergency stop on the left in-side that works !


And now the result in motion:


Note just for the record: few useful G-code commands
  • ! = Hold
  • ~ = Start cycle
  • ?  = Current Position/Status
  • $$ = Current Settings


No comments:

Post a Comment